We are a medicinal chemistry research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. We have broad interests and expertise in many topics related to drug discovery and development, including organic synthesis, methodology, structure-based drug design, structure-activity relationship, and enzymology. We use organic synthesis and computational modeling as primary tools to design and synthesize potential therapeutic agents and collaborate with other research groups to evaluate their biological activities and investigate their molecular mechanisms of action.
- February 10, 2021: Our paper got accepted and published on RSC Advances! Congratulations, Imran and Nick!
- February 10, 2021: My and Riya got research funding from the Honors College to complete their Honors theses this semester. Congratulations, My and Riya!
- February 9, 2021: Imdad passed his ORP. Congratulations, Imdad!
- February 8, 2021: Ayoub received his visa from the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Morocco and will start his Fulbright Student Program in our lab in late February. Congratulations Ayoub, and we look forward to your arrival!
- February 1, 2021: the STEMS REU program is now accepting applications from undergrads for the summer 2021.
- January - March, 2021: Hoang served on the AACP Chemistry Section Awards Committee.
- January 18, 2021: Nick accepted a postdoctoral position offer from Dr. Dennis Liotta at Emory University starting in May. Congratulations, Nick!
- January 15, 2021: My and Riya got accepted into Ph.D. programs at Brandeis University, University of Notre Dame, University of Tennessee, Michigan State University, and several other universities. Congratulations, My and Riya!
- January 13, 2021: Hoang again served as a reviewer for the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
- December 11, 2020: Nick successfully defended his prospectus. Congratulations, Nick!
Phone: (662) 915-2555
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677