We are a medicinal chemistry and enzymology research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. The research in our group covers the full range of in vitro drug development, including computational design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of potential medicinal agents and investigation of their molecular mechanisms of action. Currently, we are focusing on the development of inhibitors and inactivators of several metabolic enzymes for the treatment of cancer and for the discovery of new antibiotic agents.
Phone: (662) 915-2555
- March 30, 2017: Hoang gave an invited seminar talk in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Mississippi.
- March 27, 2017: Hoang published a paper in PNAS on GabR-mediated transcription regulation in Bacillus Subtilis with Rui Wu, Jose Juncosa, Rick Silverman, Greg Petsko, Dagmar Ringe, and Dali Liu.
- March 22, 2017: Md. Abdullah Al Noman was selected for an Honors Scholarship from our Graduate School for the duration of his Ph.D. program. Congratulations, Md. Abdullah! He will join our lab as a graduate student in the Summer 2017.
- March 22, 2017: Nick Akins was selected for an Honors Scholarship from our Graduate School for the duration of his Ph.D. program. Congratulations, Nick! He will join our lab as a graduate student in the Summer 2017.
- February 8, 2017: Tanner Nielson joined us as an undergraduate student. Welcome, Tanner!
- January 25, 2017: (S)-3-Amino-4-(difluoromethylenyl)-cyclopent-1-ene-1-carboxylic acid, a compound that Hoang co-invented with Jose Juncosa, Kenji Takaya, and Rick Silverman, with potential treatment of epilepsy, addiction, and hepatocellular carcinoma, was licensed to Ovid Therapeutics and now is known as OV215.
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677