- January 30, 2018: The research in our group was recognized with a New Investigator Award from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP).
- January 30, 2018: Hoang published a paper in JACS on the discovery and studies of the licensed compound OV215.
- January 22, 2018: Md. Imdadul Khan joined us as a graduate student. Welcome, Imdad!
- January 22, 2018: Hannah Hoang joined us as an undergraduate student. Welcome, Hannah!
- December 7, 2017: Sydney received the Student Research Fellowship Award from the School of Pharmacy for the Summer of 2018. Congratulations, Sydney!
Phone: (662) 915-2555
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677
We are a medicinal chemistry and enzymology research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. The research in our group focuses on rational design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of potential medicinal agents and investigation of their molecular mechanisms of action. Currently, we are working on the development of glutaminase and isocitrate dehydrogenase inhibitors for the treatment of cancer, the development of κ-opioid receptor agonists and antagonists for the treatment of pain, convulsion, drug abuse relapse, and depression, and the development of cytochrome bc1 complex inhibitors for the treatment of malaria. Organic synthesis is a primary tool for this work.