We are a medicinal chemistry and enzymology research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. The research in our group focuses on rational design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of potential medicinal agents and investigation of their molecular mechanisms of action. Currently, we are working on the development of glutaminase and isocitrate dehydrogenase inhibitors for the treatment of cancer and cytochrome bc1 complex inhibitors for the treatment of malaria. Organic synthesis is a primary tool for this work.
- August 17, 2017: Hoang published a paper in Biochemistry on selective targeting by a mechanism-based inactivator against PLP-dependent enzymes.
- July 28, 2017: Sydney was selected for the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi UM Chapter Scholarship. Congratulations, Sydney!
- July 26, 2017: Amna received the Underrepresented Minority Fellowship from the graduate school. Congratulations, Amna!
- July 5, 2017: Dr. Imran Hossain joined us as a postdoctoral fellow. He receives support from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. Welcome, Imran!
- June 2, 2017: Nick Akins joined us as a graduate student. Welcome, Nick!
- May 30, 2017: Jeremy Schneider joined us for the summer as an undergraduate student in the STEMS REU program. Welcome, Jeremy!
-May 28, 2017: Dr. Imran Hossain successfully defended and submitted his PhD dissertation to Osaka University. Congratulations, Imran! He will join our lab in July as a Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) postdoctoral fellow.
- May 21-23, 2017: Hoang attended the MALTO Medicinal Chemistry-Pharmacognosy Meeting-in-Miniature.
Phone: (662) 915-2555
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677