We are a medicinal chemistry and enzymology research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. The research in our group focuses on rational design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of potential medicinal agents and investigation of their molecular mechanisms of action. Currently, we are working on the development of glutaminase and isocitrate dehydrogenase inhibitors for the treatment of cancer and cytochrome bc1 complex inhibitors for the treatment of malaria. Organic synthesis is a primary tool for this work.
Phone: (662) 915-2555
- July 5, 2017: Dr. Imran Hossain joined us as a postdoctoral fellow. He receives support from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. Welcome, Imran!
- June 2, 2017: Nick Akins joined us as a graduate student. Welcome, Nick!
- May 30, 2017: Jeremy Schneider joined us as an undergraduate student. Welcome, Jeremy!
-May 28, 2017: Dr. Imran Hossain successfully defended and submitted his PhD dissertation to Osaka University. Congratulations, Imran! He will join our lab in July as a Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) postdoctoral fellow.
- May 21-23, 2017: Hoang attended the MALTO Medicinal Chemistry-Pharmacognosy Meeting-in-Miniature.
- April 28, 2017: Sydney Harrison, Morgan Woodard, and Tanner Nielson won the Distinguished Citations for Outstanding Contributions to the Research Mission of Medicinal Chemistry from our School of Pharmacy. Congratulations, Sydney, Morgan, and Tanner!
- April 13, 2017: The patent for OV215 was allowed and published.
- March 30, 2017: Hoang gave an invited seminar talk in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Mississippi.
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677