- April 28, 2017: Sydney Harrison, Morgan Woodard, and Tanner Nielson won the Distinguished Citations for Outstanding Contributions to the Research Mission of Medicinal Chemistry from our School of Pharmacy. Congratulations, Sydney, Morgan, and Tanner!
- April 13, 2017: The patent for OV215 was allowed and published.
- March 30, 2017: Hoang gave an invited seminar talk in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Mississippi.
- March 27, 2017: Hoang published a paper in PNAS on GabR-mediated transcription regulation in Bacillus Subtilis with Rui Wu, Jose Juncosa, Rick Silverman, Greg Petsko, Dagmar Ringe, and Dali Liu.
- March 22, 2017: Md. Abdullah Al Noman was selected for an Honors Scholarship from our Graduate School for the duration of his Ph.D. program. Congratulations, Md. Abdullah! He will join our lab as a graduate student in the Summer 2017.
- March 22, 2017: Nick Akins was selected for an Honors Scholarship from our Graduate School for the duration of his Ph.D. program. Congratulations, Nick! He will join our lab as a graduate student in the Summer 2017.
Phone: (662) 915-2555
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677
We are a medicinal chemistry and enzymology research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. The research in our group focuses on rational design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of potential medicinal agents and investigation of their molecular mechanisms of action. Currently, we are working on the development of glutaminase and isocitrate dehydrogenase inhibitors for the treatment of cancer and cytochrome bc1 complex inhibitors for the treatment of malaria. Organic synthesis is a primary tool for this work.