- June 26-28, 2018: Hoang will participate in the 2018 Mentoring Workshop for New Faculty in Organic and Biological Chemistry organized by the NIGMS.
- May 12, 2018: Sydney and Morgan graduated with Bachelor of Science degrees in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Congratulations, Sydney and Morgan! Sydney will continue her research in our lab as a Pharm.D. student.
- April 15, 2018: Sydney was selected for the ORISE FDA Office of Clinical Pharmacology Summer Internship, and Tanner was selected for the UM Medical Center's Summer Undergraduate Research Experience Program. Congratulations, Sydney and Tanner!
- March 26-27: Hoang participated in the 2018 NSF Chemistry Early Career Investigator Workshop.
- January 30, 2018: The research in our group was recognized with a New Investigator Award from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP).
- January 30, 2018: Hoang published a paper in JACS on the discovery and studies of the licensed compound OV215.
We are a medicinal chemistry and enzymology research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. The research in our group focuses on rational design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of potential medicinal agents and investigation of their molecular mechanisms of action. Currently, we are working on the development of glutaminase and isocitrate dehydrogenase inhibitors for the treatment of cancer, the development of κ-opioid receptor agonists and antagonists for the treatment of pain, convulsion, drug abuse relapse, and depression, and the development of cytochrome bc1 complex inhibitors for the treatment of malaria. Organic synthesis is a primary tool for this work.
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677
Phone: (662) 915-2555