We are a medicinal chemistry and enzymology research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. The research in our group covers the full range of in vitro drug development, including computational design, synthesis, and biological evaluation of potential medicinal agents and investigation of their molecular mechanisms of action. Currently, we are focusing on the development of inhibitors and inactivators of several metabolic enzymes for the treatment of cancer and for the discovery of new antibiotic agents.
- February 8, 2017: Tanner joined us as an undergraduate student. Welcome, Tanner!
- January 25, 2017: (S)-3-Amino-4-(difluoromethylenyl)-cyclopent-1-ene-1-carboxylic acid, a compound that Hoang co-invented with Jose Juncosa, Kenji Takaya, and Rick Silverman, with potential treatment of epilepsy, addiction, and hepatocellular carcinoma, was licensed to Ovid Therapeutics and now is known as OV215.
- January 23, 2017: Sydney joined us as an undergraduate student. Welcome, Sydney!
- January 4-8, 2017: Hoang attended the Enzyme Mechanisms Conference.
- December 19, 2016: Morgan received the Student Research Fellowship Award from the School of Pharmacy for the Summer of 2017. Congratulations, Morgan!
Phone: (662) 915-2555
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677