- May 15, 2020: Maddie got admitted to the M.D. program at TCU/UNTHSC School of Medicine. Congratulations, Maddie!
- April 27, 2020 Maddie Keane successfully defended her Honors thesis. Congratulations Maddie!
- April 23, 2020: Hoang (team leader) and other faculty of the Foundations of BioMolecular Sciences I class won the P1 Teaching Team of the Year Award.
- April 20, 2020: Our collaborative paper with Dr. RenYu Liu's lab at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine got accepted for publication at Neurochemistry International. Congratulations Nick and Imran!
- April 6, 2020: Our startup proposal to NSF–Extreme Science and Engineering Discovery Environment (XSEDE) on the “Investigation of Pertinent Interactions Between Salvinorin-based Antagonists and the Kappa Opioid Receptor” got approved and funded. Congratulations Pankaj and Nick!
- January 24, 2020: Hoang again served as a reviewer for the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program.
We are a medicinal chemistry research group in the Department of BioMolecular Sciences at the University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy. We have broad interests and expertise in many topics related to drug discovery and development, including organic synthesis, methodology, structure-based drug design, structure-activity relationship, and enzymology. We use organic synthesis and computational modeling as primary tools to design and synthesize potential therapeutic agents and collaborate with other research groups to evaluate their biological activities and investigate their molecular mechanisms of action.
Hoang V. Le, Ph.D.
Department of BioMolecular Sciences
The University of Mississippi School of Pharmacy
419 Faser Hall
University, MS 38677
Phone: (662) 915-2555